Friday, January 31, 2014

let's go seahawks! clap! clap! clap, clap, clap!!!

well you certainly took forever to get here, friday. no, no, by all means, take your time. it's not like i have a dream weekend coming up with a once (or possibly twice) in a lifetime chance to see my favorite sports franchise win a national championship or anything. no, no let's do what YOU want to do, FRIDAY.

well, since you're here, i might as well enjoy it. and enjoy it i shall. i didn't have appointments today, so that means i am spending all day finishing paperwork while watching spongebob in one of my seventy seahawks shirts and my tattered sleep pants that would be better suited on a pirate. i'm not kidding. one pant leg is torn up to the knee. how it happened, i'm not sure. but je suis une pirate. or not. i don't know. i'm only on level two of french on duolingo. which is ah-mah-zing, guys. if you haven't downloaded this app, i suggest you do so at once. then we can follow each other and i can feel inadequate when you lap my ass in learning. good times.

you know what else is good times? going to seattle to watch the seahawks play in super bowl xlviii for the weekend! i told you! i done told you this was our year! woo-hoo bitches! and yes, i know the game is not actually in seattle. but the bulk of diehard fans are going to be and it's going to be nuts and i'm going to see my friends and drink beer and watch my team crush the hopes and dreams of my sister's team! it's going to be glorious! and even if they lose (which they won't) it'll still be a welcome respite from work which has been INSANE lately and from santa rosa which has been too dry for my taste.

this weekend will also serve as a last hurrah for my diet which has been delightfully, deliciously, atrocious. i don't know if you've seen me lately, but it's gotten pretty bad. i am giving jabba the hut a run for his (her? its?) money. it is increasingly clear that i'm addicted to sugar, you guys. and admitting it is the first step. step two is going cold turkey. well, that's my step two anyway. when i return from seattle, i'll have a detox week with no sugars or dairy or wheat of any kind. and then over the next 60 days i'll slowly integrate healthy carbs back into the mix. with any luck, i'll be on my way to a lighter, healthier, less ear infection-y me. so here's to new year's resolutions! and to starting them a month late! i'll keep you posted here, if ye be interested in updates. and if you have a moment, say a prayer or some secular blessing for my beloved nick, who may or may not bear the brunt of my sugar withdrawals. here's hoping we both make it through.

with that, i leave you your found item of the day:



for the record, nick does not shave his legs. and this caitlyn chick is a total B.

No comments:

Post a Comment