Sunday, December 25, 2011

and to all a good night

i watched the sound of music last night which is not really the way i envisioned my christmas eve to be honest. but after a few cocktails at the sun liquor distillery, nursing that stinging loss by the seahawks to the team who shall not be named (stupid niners), i figured it'd be best for my health and my wallet if i came home to console myself in a more controlled environment. and so i sauntered home to make terrible food choices and watch terrible tv and lo and behold, i see fraulein maria dancing about.

as a kid i tolerated musicals because well, kids don't know what good taste is and are notorious for choosing to exalt the most annoying and nerve fraying things. i certainly was no exception. but after watching the end of the movie, adult selena thought to herself, you know. it's not that bad. i surprise myself sometimes. anyway, onto christmas morning!

and interestingly enough, for the first christmas morning in my thirty one years, i am completely alone. and you know what, it is actually feeling pretty great. i have an a-MAH-zing (still not getting the penny reference? god, you guys are slackers. ugh. whatever.) a-MAH-zing view from my bedroom window of puget sound, downtown seattle and of course, the space needle. and as i lay there admiring the dark clouds out on the horizon, i thought about all the christmas pasts i've had in the last 12 years or so I've been on my own. it was a very scrooge-esque montage for as you know my life has been full of bumbling about, begging for more chances to be good, and lots of cries of "what's all this then?". but as i recounted, i realized that in the past 12 years i've lived in a different house fifteen, yes, fifteen times. and so this year, my christmas wish is simple...that i will live in this beautiful apartment next year when christmas comes around. and perhaps for the next three or four. i'm ready for this apartment to make an honest woman outta me. and so long as i have my fake fireplace television channel with christmas carols and a few spiked nogs, i think i'll make it through just fine.

happy and safe holidays my friends! here's your found item of the day:

I'm totally stealing that as my catchphrase from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment