Thursday, June 4, 2009

quitters never win...

but i bet they're a whole lot happier. i know i am.

yes, today, i was a quitter. a quit, quit, quit, quit, quitter. and while the thrill of walking away from quite possibly the worst job i've ever had is beginning to wear off and reality is beginning to settle in that i am once again jobless, it still beats having to stand on the street, harassing people for money like a common hooker. although save the children truly is a fantastic organization, canvassing this past week made me feel disingenuous and smarmy, not to mention really made me start to hate people, and that's not me. i like people. i want to help people, not hate them. so while quitting makes me feel like, well, a loser, at least that's a feeling i'm well versed in.

and i'm not a complete idiot. i was still applying for other positions, and i have an interview next tuesday to work with developmentally disabled adults. that is definitely something i can get behind, so hopefully they choose me cause i know i'd really love it. and i've got another interview to work for a pet store, which of course would be totally awesome. so i'm not going to worry. i'm through with panic - the universe will find a way for me, i know it.

in the meantime, there's a free show at the comet tavern tonight with some local bands, and i'm going to harrangue lawren until he agrees to accompany me. or hangs up on me. whichever happens first. with that i leave you your found item of the day:



awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment